What We Believe
We are a NON-TRADITIONAL Southern Baptist Church and a member of the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Our theology is Baptist but our methods are progressive. We are elder-led (pastors and a few key, spiritually growing leaders from within our church). Our worship atmosphere is casual and our worship music is contemporary, led by a praise band.
We believe in baptism by immersion.
Our mission is to be a teaching church who leads others to know:
Who God is.
What God wants.
How God works.
As we learn more about those three things, we will LOVE GOD and we will LOVE OTHERS.
What We believe
- ABOUT GOD: God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has existed eternally as one God in form of three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, known as the Trinity. See Genesis 1:1, 26, 27; Genesis 3:22; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; 2 Peter 1:2; II Corinthians 13:14
- ABOUT JESUS CHRIST: Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all by dying on the cross. He arose from the dead after three days to show His power over sin and death. He then ascended to heaven to sit at the Father’s right hand, and will one day return again to earth to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. See Matthew 1:22-23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5; John 4:10-30; Hebrews 4:14-15; I Corinthians 15:3-4; Romans 1:3-4; Acts 1:9-11; I Timothy 6:14-15; Titus 2:13
- ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT: The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world to make mankind aware of our need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. The Christian should strive to live under His daily control in an attitude of surrender. See II Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13; John 14:16-17; Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 3:16; Ephesians 1:13; Galatians 5:25; Ephesians 5:1
- ABOUT THE BIBLE: The Bible is God’s Word to mankind. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without any mixture of error. See II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20-21; II Timothy 1:13; Psalm 12:6; Psalm 119:105, 160; Proverbs 30:5
- ABOUT MANKIND: All humans are made in the spiritual image of God and are to be like Him in character. We are the supreme object of His creation and love. Although mankind has tremendous potential for good, we are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin.” This attitude separates us from God. See Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6a; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1-2
- ABOUT SALVATION: Salvation is a gift from God to mankind, but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s gift as payment for our sins can we be saved from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment we receive Jesus Christ into our life by faith. See Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6; John 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1
- ABOUT BAPTISM: We believe in water baptism by immersion because Scripture shows that Jesus modeled that for us as the way to publicly acknowledge our faith in Him. Because Jesus instructed us to be baptized, baptism is an act of obedience. While it is not necessary for salvation, it demonstrates submission to God. Matthew 3:13-17; Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 23:40-43
- ABOUT ETERNAL SECURITY: Because God gives us eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ, the believer is secure in their salvation for eternity. If you have been genuinely saved, you cannot “lose” your salvation. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God – not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is the grace and keeping power of God alone that gives this security! See John 10:29; II Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25; Hebrews 10:10,14; I Peter 1:3-5
- ABOUT ETERNITY: Humans are created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally united with God through forgiveness and salvation in Jesus Christ. The place of eternal separation from God is called Hell. The place of eternal life with God is called Heaven. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence. See John 3:16; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15; Matthew 25:41; Revelation 21:17